Pregnancy and Constipation ReliefConstipation during pregnancy affects over half of all pregnant women. Constipation is the most common early sign of pregnancy. Constipation in pregnancy can start as early as conception and persist right through your whole pregnancy. Constipation and pregnancy often goes hand in hand with hemorrhoids, which can be very uncomfortable. Pregnancy constipation is caused due to release of hormone progesterone. Pregnancy hormone progesterone relaxes intestines will slow down the movement of the bowel resulting in constipation during early pregnancy.
Gas, bloating, and constipation are common problems during pregnancy and are annoying. So, what to take for constipation during pregnancy? However, constipation relief during pregnancy can be acquired with appropriate natural constipation treatment. There exists some effective remedies for safe constipation relief during pregnancy. Achieve pregnancy constipation relief with these natural remedies.
|photo credit: massdistraction via photopin cc|
Home Remedies for Constipation during PregnancyConstipation during pregnancy, especially in the later trimesters, can cause great distress. Constipation occurs when stools are difficult to pass. Passing of hard stool can cause anal cracks or fissures in the skin around the anus. It may results in bleeding in the rectum due to the force exerted in passing the stool. A woman with constipation history before pregnancy need to be extra cautious as things can turn worse for them during pregnancy as they have a chance to develop piles or bleeding hemorrhoids. Although it is common for women to have hemorrhoids during pregnancy, it usually resolves naturally after the baby is born.
Home Remedies for Constipation Relief during PregnancyLooking for the best natural treatment for pregnancy and constipation relief? Following are some of the effective home remedies treatments to get rid of pregnancy constipation.
1. To avoid constipation, avoid the use of alcohol. Make sure you are always hydrated. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of purified water each day to relieve constipation.
2. Include fiber rich foods in your daily diet. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables that are high in fiber.
3. Stress and constipation often go hand in hand. Pregnant women should try to stay away from stress situations.
4. You should reduce the amount of processed foods from your diet as it may cause to worsen the problem of hard stool.
5. Avoid cereals and eat more of whole grain foods.
6. You may find that a warm cup of peppermint tea or peppermint water can provide relief from gas and bloating pains. It also helps improve digestion.
7. Minimal physical exercise can cause constipation in pregnant women. Change your exercise routine slightly. It will stimulate bowel activity.
8. Ginger is one of the best indigestion and constipation remedies in pregnancy. You can add it to the diet.
9. Another home remedy is garlic. Garlic helps eliminate gas and bloating, relieve constipation, and also strengthens your colon.
10. In general, try to avoid over-the-counter laxatives as they can stimulate uterine contractions leading to miscarriage or pre-term labor.
It is important for pregnant women to maintain regular bowel habits and healthy diet to get rid of constipation during pregnancy. You can almost avoid pregnancy constipation and gas pains by simply changing your diet. Also, try the above home remedies to get relief from pregnancy constipation.