Hemorrhoids or piles are swollen veins in the anus and rectum. The most common cause of hemorrhoids is straining during bowel movements. Some other causes of piles include low fiber diet, pregnancy, aging, hereditary factors, chronic constipation etc. Bleeding during bowel movements, itching, and rectal pain are the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids. If you suspect that you have hemorrhoids, there are several natural remedies to get rid of piles symptoms.
|photo credit: Storm Crypt via photopin cc|
Home Remedies for Piles - Get Rid of Hemorrhoids Naturally
Here are some of the best home remedies to get rid of hemorrhoids or piles and tips to prevent developing hemorrhoids in the future. All these are easy home remedies that you can easily find anywhere. These natural remedies provide efficient relief from the pain and inflammation caused by piles.
1. Garlic and onions can be used as a home remedy for hemorrhoids. Finely chop onions and garlic cloves and apply on the rectal area for 3 hours using a cotton wool pad to get a relief from piles.
2. Witch hazel can also be used to cure hemorrhoids. Apply witch hazel on the infected parts using cotton balls 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help in relieving hemorrhoid symptoms such as pain and swelling in the veins.
3. Aloe Vera has antibiotic properties. Itching and burning from hemorrhoids can be cooled down with pure aloe vera gel. The gel can be applied directly to your hemorrhoids with a cotton ball or swab.
4. When hemorrhoids are sore, sitz baths are the best and easiest for easing the pain and itching of hemorrhoids. Sitz baths promote healing and ease discomfort by encouraging blood flow to the rectal area.
5. Application of paste of radish mixed with milk on the rectal area is an excellent remedy to get relief from pain and swelling of piles.
6. Apply cold compress to the rectal area until the pain subsides. This is one of the simple and effective hemorrhoid treatments.
7. Soak three to four figs overnight in water. First thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, consume the figs and the water. This home remedy helps to relieve symptoms of piles.
8. Dried ginger is also one of the best home remedies for piles. It should be taken 30 to 50 ml daily. Ginger works best if the hemorrhoids are not bleeding.
9. Sit directly on chopped cabbage to soothe hemorrhoids. Eating cabbage is also very beneficial in curing this problem.
10. Increase your use of bran or other bran cereals over a couple of weeks for getting rid of hemorrhoid symptoms, as they are high in fiber content.
11. Seed of mango in powder form when consumed with two grams of honey is also an effective way to get relief from piles.
12. To cure piles naturally, it is advised that drink radish juice mixed with black salt in the morning and evening.
13. Certain yoga poses may help to alleviate the discomfort associated with hemorrhoids, and is also one of the best home remedies for piles.
14. Maintaining good hygiene is a natural way to treat hemorrhoids. It is good to keep the area around the anus dry and clean. Try to wear soft cotton undergarments to help lessen the irritation and pain caused by piles.
These were some of the simple yet effective remedies for piles. If your hemorrhoids are not too troublesome or if the symptoms are very mild, then the above remedies can be easily employed at home. Along with these natural remedies, you should follow a diet which contains sufficient healthy foods to make the piles beatable easily. If the problem persists, and these hemorrhoid remedies do not work, you should consult a doctor.
You may also like:
You may also like: